Learn More About Botox For Chronic Migraine

27 November 2016

Visbiome™ Probiotics - Sponsored Review

I have been given this product as part of a product review through the Chronic Illness Bloggers network. Although the product was a gift, all opinions in this review remain my own and I was in no way influenced by the company.


Visbiome Probiotics – Sponsored Review


What are probiotics and why should we take them? Probiotics are live bacteria and yeasts that are good for your digestive health. Most people do not realize that if our gut isn’t healthy than we won’t be at our optimal health either. Probiotics are naturally found in our bodies.  Taking them help replenish the good bacteria in our bodies that oftentimes get depleted (by taking antibiotics for example), keeping a healthy balance of good and bad bacteria.


Probiotics can be found in foods, such as dairy products, fermented foods, and even chocolate, or in supplements. You will find them in one of two of the most common forms, lactobacillus or bifidobacterium. Lactobacillus is the most common form and is usually found in dairy products or fermented foods.  This strain can help with diarrhea and can help those who cannot digest lactose. Bifidobacterium can be found in some dairy products and can help ease the symptoms of IBS (irritable bowel syndrome).

The primary function of probiotics is to move food through the gut. Some common conditions that can be helped with the use of probiotics are irritable bowel syndrome, irritable bowel disease (IBD), infectious diarrhea, antibiotic-related diarrhea as well as skin conditions (eczema), urinary and vaginal health, and oral health. One of the symptoms of my fibromyalgia is irritable bowel syndrome. Taking a probiotic is very important in keeping my gut healthy and the chances of my IBS occurring down.

For the past couple of weeks, I have been taking probiotics by Visbiome™. Visbiome™ is a high potency probiotic medical food, containing 8 strains of live bacteria in concentrations of 450 billion bacteria per packet and 112.5 billion per capsule. Visbiome™ contains the De Simone Formulation, one of the most widely studied probiotics with over 60 published human clinical studies. Visbiome™ is a high potency probiotic medical food intended for the dietary management of dysbiosis associated with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), ulcerative colitis (UC), pouchitis, and hepatic encephalopathy (HE).1 I have been taking the probiotic capsules under the supervision of my naturopath.

It was recommended that I take one capsule daily by my ND (doctor of naturopathic medicine). During the first few days I could tell that it was purging my system of bad bacteria because I broke out in acne.  I wasn’t too concerned about it because I knew that it must be working.  After about a week, my face cleared up. I have acne prone skin and tend to break out easily.  Since taking the Visbiome™ capsules, I have had fewer breakouts and hadn’t had the need to use my prescription acne gel as often.

I have a gluten intolerance; therefore, I avoid foods such as gluten and wheat, which irritate my gut.  Eating foods containing these ingredients cause bloating, stomach pain, gas and diarrhea. To help manage my IBS, I mostly stay away from foods that will trigger it. That alone is not enough to keep my digestive and intestinal health at its optimum. Taking a daily probiotic assures that I am keeping the healthy bacteria in my gut in balance. 

There has been a significant decrease in bloating and diarrhea since taking the Visbiome™ capsules. And if I happen to have some food containing gluten, my gut will not overreact. By having those probiotics already in my intestinal tract, the food is moved through with minimal side effects. I highly recommend Visbiome™ and their line of probiotics. They have truly helped me in managing my IBS and make me feel like I am doing everything I can in keeping my body healthy.

Visit www.Visbiome.com to learn more about their family of products.



1 This information was taken directly from the Visbiome™ website. (www.visbiome.com/pages/about-us)



1 comment :

Thank you for reading! Comments are welcomed and encouraged. If you have any questions, you can submit them on the Contact Me page.

Stay Well!

Recent Comments

Recent Comments Widget