Learn More About Botox For Chronic Migraine

02 June 2014

Migraine & Headache Awareness Month #2 - Life and Dreams #MHAMBC

Our challenge prompt today is to read the poem Bed of Clouds by Ashley L. May and write on what it brings to mind for you.
The poem begins:
I sleep in the clouds, dream in the sky,I'll keep dreaming as life passes me by.

I think my dreams keep me sane,
I dream of happiness, a life without pain...

Think about the prompt and use your imagination, letting it go wherever it is pulled, then write whatever comes to mind.

A Bed of Clouds
When I read this poem, I let the words transport me.  I am taken to a vision of what I'd prefer my life to be.  Here, I never had Migraine, depression, anxiety, fibromyalgia, arthritis, or any of the other health issues I'm currently living with.  My family isn't stressed about money or the ability to pay the bills.  My husband is in a career where he is happy and not taken advantage of or mistreated.  Our pantry, refrigerator and freezer are all stocked with the gluten-free, non-GMO, organic foods I can't always afford to buy.  We are able to take vacations.  I am not overweight and can exercise without triggering a Migraine or a fibromyalgia flare up.  We live close to family so that I can visit them regularly and have someplace to take the kids if and when I need a break.  Here, I don't lack confidence or self-esteem.  I am sure of myself and not fearful or feel inadequate in any way.  I am satisfied with the woman I am.  This version of my life is a dream that I visit often.  It sometimes comes to life when I am asleep, often times causing me to feel let down when I wake up because it was all a dream.  If I could, I would stay in this place.

One could say that this poem was written by a migraineur.  Every word written is relatable to my life, especially line four.  "I dream of happiness, a life without pain".  I often find myself dreaming or envisioning a life where my afflictions are no more.  Lines nine and ten really grab me as the real world truly feels like a nightmare.  Every day is a battle against pain.  I rarely get enough time to recoup before another attack begins.  My only escape is when I close my eyes.  "I am safe in my closed eye wonderland."  Life is how I would prefer it to be when I daydream.  There is comfort in this place I dream of.  But, I must not get too caught up in this dream world.  Dreams are very nice to have and provide a sense of hope.  However, real life continues to happen.  I try to apply aspects of my dreams to my life in order to achieve the things I fantasize about.  By making choices that further help my body heal I get closer to one day having less pain and more joy.  So, I'll continue to dream as they motivate me to try and achieve greater health and happiness in my life.


Poem Source:  A Bed Of Clouds by Ashley L. May - Family Friend Poems
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! Comments are welcomed and encouraged. If you have any questions, you can submit them on the Contact Me page.

Stay Well!

Recent Comments

Recent Comments Widget