Learn More About Botox For Chronic Migraine

08 June 2014

Migraine & Headache Awareness Month #8 #MHAMBC - Are You A Dream Dweller?

This year's theme for Migraine and Headache Month is Dreaming of a World without Headache and Migraine.
Our challenge prompt today is to tell us how you'd relate this quote to living with Migraines and / or Headaches:
“It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.” ~ JK Rowling.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Image courtesy of www.quotestalk.net

It is very easy to spend too much of your time living in the "what if's" instead of the "right now".  Especially when you live with Migraine.  I sometimes get caught up in wishing my life was totally different.  When I have had a migraine for a week straight, barely slept, and feel like I'm hungover for days I really wish for a better life.  During times like those, which happen way too often, I get angry, depressed, and feel hopeless about my life ever getting any better.  How can I be productive, happy, and able to take care of my family when most of the time I just want to crawl under the covers and stay there forever?

The damnedest thing about having Migraine is having comorbid depression.  That nasty little sucker really makes it difficult to feel positive or hopeful about anything.  The negative self-talk and feelings of desolation really drives that final nail in the coffin.  In the middle of those dark moments, nothing really makes you feel any better.  Each second feels like an eternity but I always make it out on the other side of darkness.  Nothing good ever comes from dwelling in the negative spaces of life.  Yes, they suck and I certainly didn't ask for this to be my life.  But staying wrapped up in the dream life I wish I had does not benefit me or my family in any way.  It keeps a person stagnant because instead of living your life, you are just existing in it.  That's way worse than the fact that I have lived 28 years with Migraine and I'm only 35.

The truth of the matter is, there are plenty of happy and joyous moments in my life.  My kids make me laugh and brighten up my life.  My husband gives me unconditional love and is my best friend and rock.  I have found the time to search out the light instead of sulking in the dark.  I remind myself that I am not my disease and that it doesn't define who I am or what kind of life I choose to live.  Yes, it may have limitations, restrictions, or compromises.  But I am okay with finding the little joys within them.  I have had a horrible week when it came to the business of sleep.  I am tired and have had a Migraine daily due to the insomnia.  But, The Fault in Our Stars opened on Friday and my daughter loved the book.  Movie theaters usually give me terrible Migraines, but it makes me happy to make my daughter happy.  So, guess what I'm doing today?  I could tell her that I'm too tired and disappoint her, but if I did that I'd never do anything with her because I'm always either tired or in pain.  I've got my meds if I need them later.  She's growing up so fast and in two years, she'll be graduating from high school.  I have to get as much time with her as I can because before I know it, she'll be away in college.

I'm choosing to live in the "right now" because life is fleeting and you have to make every day count.  Besides, that dream I have is just that....a dream.  There is no guarantee that my life would be better without having chronic pain or mental illness in it.  I have what I always wanted.  A family.  That has always been my true dream and I'm living it now.  So, I guess dreams really do come true!



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! Comments are welcomed and encouraged. If you have any questions, you can submit them on the Contact Me page.

Stay Well!

Recent Comments

Recent Comments Widget